Sunday, September 28, 2008

My New Kitchen Buddy: Double Action Potato Masher


I purchased this potato masher a few months ago but had not used it until this weekend. The most obvious reason being that mash potatoes is just not a summer time food. This evening however, I was in the process of making tofu chili and had just emptied the contents of two cans of plum tomatoes into the pot. I decided to use my potato masher to mash up the whole tomatoes, rather than dice them up beforehand.

This kitchen tool worked like a charm. The 'dual action' mashes both the tomatoes on the bottom of the pot as well as any tomatoes floating around in the liquid. Awesome!!

With Canadian Thanksgiving just around the corner, this masher would be perfect for making sweet potato mash or garlic mash potatoes!

Best Features:
  • stainless steel for easy clean up
  • can withstand high temperatures
  • comfortable handle
  • minimal use of force required; great for people with arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome
  • can be used for mashing tomatoes, potatoes, boiled eggs, tofu, bananas and cooked carrots

2 comments:

Dee said...

Wow, I must try & find one of these next time I am home in the states. Looks wonderful, easy & useful!

Joanne said...

Hi Dee, thanks for stopping by :)
I'm sure you can find this cooking instrument in many kitchen supplies shops or even Wal-Mart in the USA. Another option is to order it online through a kitchen supplies shop.