Friday, June 6, 2008

On the road again...


Yes, that's right. I'm going to Ottawa for the weekend. The nations capital. A large metropolitan city but much less crowded than Toronto. That's a GOOD thing!!
My husband is already there visiting with a friend and I will be joining him on Saturday. I'm taking the VIA Rail train. There is no way that I would agree to take a Greyhound bus to Ottawa. That would be torture especially with the impending heat wave we are expecting this weekend: 33 degrees Celsius!

If anyone has any suggestions as to what kinds of things to do in Ottawa, please let me know. I have visited Ottawa twice before so I have been to the popular tourist attractions like Parliament Hill, the Canadian Museum of Civilization and the National Gallery. The question is, "what do I do this time around?"

2 comments:

kickpleat said...

no idea but have fun!

Joanne said...

LOL - thanks kickpleat! I had no real desire to go to Ottawa this weekend but my husband kept insisting I join him. I guess after my being away for 2 weeks, he misses me ;)